Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge 2015

So the idea to join this reading challenge was pretty last minute. Fantasy was one of my first YA loves, but I've gotten way away from that the past few years. I've got a friend who has been on to me to read so many series {Darkest Minds, The Raven Boys, The Grisha Trilogy, to name a few} but because they were fantasy, I've been putting them off. BUT. This is my year to finally read all these fantasy series people have been pushing on me that I've put off. This reading challenge is hosted by the lovely Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books and Rachel @ Hello, Chelly.


Guidelines:

  • The challenge will run from January 1-December 31, 2015. 
  • We’re welcoming all readers to join us in this challenge! In order to sign up, readers must link to their blogs or Goodreads profile in the Linky on Hello, Chelly or on Alexa Loves Books. We need to see where you’ll be sharing your reviews of the fantasies you’ll read!
  • You can read as many fantasy novels as you like. No levels for this challenge! 
  • We're going to host 2 giveaways, one at 6 months and one at the end of the year. More details when it's closer to those dates.
  • Please help us spread the word! Feel free to tweet about the challenge using the hashtag #flightsoffantasy, or to grab the button and link to the challenge on your blog.

How to Participate:
  • Challenge yourself to read a certain # of fantasy books and share this number on your blog, in the comments below or a tweet. 
  • On the last Sunday of each month, we'll be posting updates on how we're doing with the challenge and we'll include a Linky in case you decide to do the same. (This is optional!) 
  • As mentioned, we will have giveaways! And if you want bonus entries into said giveaways, read any (or all!) of our favorite fantasy books listed below:
  • Joint Faves: Throne of Glass, Harry Potter, Fire and Thorns, Snow Like Ashes, The Queen of the Tearling
  • Alexa's Faves: Eona duology, Daughter of the Forest, The Elemental Trilogy, The Hobbit, Song of the Lioness quartet
  • Rachel's Faves: The Grisha Trilogy, Harper Hall Trilogy, The Fever series, The Winner’s Curse, Graceling

Okay, confession time: I've never read Harry Potter. I know, I know, most of you just had a heart attack. So, I will definitely be challenging myself to read that.
I will be challenging myself to read at least 20 fantasy books. There are 5 series I definitely want to get to before the end of the year: Harry Potter, The Grisha Trilogy, The Raven Boys, The Darkest Minds, and Falling Kingdoms. (Since these are the series that my friend, coincidentally also named Rachael, has been pushing on me the most.) But my main goal is just to incorporate more fantasy into my reading schedule. Progress will be updated here.

No comments:

Post a Comment